Do you enjoy being around other people and have free time to share? Would you like to give something back to your community?
Consider getting involved as an Ephraim McDowell Health volunteer:
You can play an important role by becoming a volunteer at Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center, Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital or one of our other Ephraim McDowell Health facilities. We have volunteer positions available during daytime, evening or weekend hours.
The Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center Auxiliary has served Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center since 1955, through both volunteer service and fundraising, connecting caring community members with those who need their help. The Auxiliary provides vital support services through volunteer hours, scholarships and financial gifts to the hospital. We're always growing in order to better serve our community.
Dues for Auxiliary membership are $4 per year for active members, $5 per year for Associate members and $100 for life membership.
Click here to view our EMRMC Auxiliary Handbook
There are many ways to put your talents to use:
* Information Desk - Greet visitors, answer telephone calls and give directions to visitors
* Patient Escort – Greet and escort patients and visitors to various areas within the hospitals
* Gift Shop - Work as a regular member of the Gift Shop staff
* Made with Care - Sew and stuff pillows for surgery patients
* Tour Guides - Conduct tours of the medical center for new volunteers, special groups and other interested individuals
* Volunteens/Centre Corps - Assist staff in providing indirect patient care
* Scent With Care - Deliver floral arrangements and reading materials to patients; also provide clerical support to staff as requested
* Caring Hearts - Assist families in the surgery waiting area
* Patient Registration – Assist and escort patients in the registration area
* Patient Representative - Visit patients during their stay to gather opinions about hospital services
* BINGO – Host BINGO at McDowell Place once per month for HealthRewards
* Helping Hands – Provide clerical assistance to Volunteer Services Department and other departments as requested
* McDowell Place of Danville – Assist staff at this senior independent and assisted living facility
* McDowell Wellness Center – Assist staff at this health and exercise facility
* The Hope Clinic & Pharmacy - Assist clinical staff in meeting needs of patients at this clinic which provides free access to medical care for those unable to otherwise afford it
* Ephraim McDowell Diagnostic Center – Assist staff at the Diagnostic Center by registering patients and escorting them to proper areas
The Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital Auxiliary is ideal for people with warm hearts who find purpose and joy in helping others. Our Auxiliary has served Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital since 1963, through both volunteer service and fund-raisers. We're always growing in order to better serve our community.
The Auxiliary provides many important services that enhance the care provided to patients, their family members and visitors:
* Gift Shop - Staff our shop and assist customers
* Stitched with Love - Sew and stuff pillows for surgery patients, make wheelchair and walker bags, and caps for babies born in the hospital
* Information Desk - Greet visitors, answer and direct telephone calls
* Music Service – Sing to residents at local nursing homes
* Patient Escort – Escort patients and visitors to different areas of the hospital
Yearly dues for Auxiliary membership are $5 for active members and $6 for associate members.
STEP 1: Application and Orientation
An application must be completed before you are placed into volunteer service. Completing this process, however, does not guarantee you will be accepted as a volunteer.
We have setup an Online Application Process for all of prospective volunteer's to complete. This process is broken down into 5 steps that include the following:
At the end of each step, click the "Continue" button to advance to the next section or apply in person by contacting the Volunteer Services Office at (859)239-1231.
STEP 2: Interview
After completing the application and orientation, please call the Volunteer Services Office at (859)239-1231 to schedule an interview with the Director of Volunteer Services.
STEP 3: Schedule your required immunizations and other task-specific training.
STEP 4: Dress Code
All volunteers will be provided one Auxiliary smock, vest, or polo shirt bearing the Auxiliary logo and a nametag. The EMRMC uniform consists of a white shirt, blouse or turtleneck under an official royal blue smock or vest with solid-color dark or khaki slacks or skirt or an official royal blue polo shirt with solid color dark or khaki slacks or skirt.
The EMFLH uniform consists of a white shirt, blouse or turtleneck under an official Dresden Rose smock or Cranberry vest with solid-color dark or khaki slacks or skirt.
For more information about volunteering at Ephraim McDowell Health, call Volunteer Services Office at (859)239-1231.