Ephraim McDowell Diagnostic Center
101 Daniel Drive
Danville, KY 40422
Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Ephraim McDowell Diagnostic Center is an outpatient laboratory and diagnostic facility.
Laboratory services include:
Diagnostic Imaging and Testing
- CT Scan. Our 16-slice CT (computerized tomography) scanner provides computer-enhanced X-ray images. Your doctor can see a cross-sectional view of a particular part of your body. Depending on the reasons for the scan, contrast dyes can be used to visualize blood flow.
- Open MRI. This magnetic resonance imaging equipment is open on three sides, providing comfort and convenience for you. It uses magnetic fields, not X-rays, to produce detailed images and is very useful for detecting tumors or viewing the spinal canal because it images soft tissues better than other imaging methods.
- PET/CT Scan. This technology combines positron emission tomography (PET) and CT scanning to greatly enhance the diagnosis and identification of cancer, heart disease and brain disorders, and damaged areas of the body.
- Bone Densitometry. This special type of X-ray measures the calcium content in the bones and is useful for assessing your risk for bone fractures. It is very low dose and can be used as a screening for osteoporosis or to monitor the positive effects of certain medications on your bones' density.
- Mammography. A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast that can reveal a small lump up to two years before it can be felt with fingers. Ephraim McDowell Health offers the world's most advanced technology for the detection of breast cancer with the Selenia® Dimensions® 2D full field digital mammography system. Mammograms may also be performed at Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center and Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital.
- X-ray. This is an image of any body part that assists your physician in making a diagnosis. Images are made using our computed radiographic plates, a digital way to take the images.
- EKG. This test records your heart rate and helps your doctor detect potential problems.
- Holter Monitor. This 24-hour monitor records your heart's electrical activity for 24 hours while you perform your usual activities at home or at work. The results are used to determine potential problems with your heart.
Many, but not all, of our diagnostic services are available by appointment only and require a referral from your personal physician.
To find out if you need an appointment, or to schedule one, please call (859)936-8220.
Occupational Health Testing and Screening
We offer a number of services that can help companies screen for substance abuse and test physical ability of potential or current employees.
Our comprehensive laboratory and radiological testing capabilities are:
- Available in a variety of combinations and customized packages that suit the unique demands of each company
- Overseen and monitored by a medical review officer
- Provided (in many cases) on-site at the company
Substance abuse screening:
- Urine drug testing (rapid/express, 5 panel, 10 panel)
- Hair and blood sample analysis
- Random drug testing programs
Physical examinations and testing:
- Required examinations (pre-placement, annual, DOT, fit for duty, executive and government)
- Hearing and vision screenings
- Pulmonary function testing
To discuss your company's unique testing needs and work with our staff to create a cost-effective package of services, please call (859)936-8220.