The Community Services Department makes measurable differences in the lives of people like you who are served by Ephraim McDowell Health. Our goals are:
- To improve access to health services, especially for the underinsured and the uninsured;
- To enhance wellbeing by helping individuals develop achievable, quantifiable health goals;
- To advance knowledge by mentoring health career students from all disciplines;
- To relieve government burden by providing screening and early detection for heart disease, cancer and obesity.
A 2011 needs assessment identified the primary health risk factors in communities served by Ephraim McDowell Health. Now our nurses provide health education that equips people to make healthy choices and change their own lives to reduce their health risks. You can view this extensive report by clicking the link below.
Community Health Assessment
EMRMC FY2013 Work Plan
FLH FY2013 Work Plan
That’s why we support four health initiatives:
- Health screenings for people at risk for heart disease, cancer and obesity
- Children’s programs about nutrition and physical activity
- Faith community nursing and health ministry programs
- School health index priorities
In our initiatives, we partner with other community entities such as school systems, health departments, churches, stockyards, and housing authorities.
Get Involved Now
- Attend one of our upcoming community service events. Click here for the calendar of events.
- Become a volunteer with our department and help your community.
- Start a health ministry in your church.
For more information, please call (859)239-2429.