We are dedicated to providing quality health care to our patients. Our goal is to be one of the best performing hospitals in Kentucky and the nation.
Here are some of the ways you know you are getting quality health care from us:
The Joint Commission Accreditation
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center (EMRMC), Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital (EMFLH), and Ephraim McDowell James B. Haggin Hospital are accredited by The Joint Commission, which measures the quality of care a facility provides.
EMRMC has Centers of Excellence for Joint and Spine Surgery after earning three Gold Seals of Approval™ for health care excellence from The Joint Commission. This esteemed recognition for Joint Replacement and Spinal Surgery means the hospital does the right things and does them well for Spinal Surgery, Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement patients.
We also have accreditations in mammography, CT scans, clinical laboratory and pathology, stereotactic breast biopsy, cardiovascular services and pharmacy, given by their respective accrediting bodies.
Additionally, EMRMC is an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, meaning we meet or exceed benchmarks for rapidly diagnosing and treating patients who arrive with symptoms of a heart attack, thus reducing deaths and major adverse events.
We are continually recognized for our quality, including:
- Winning the Kentucky Hospital Association’s Quality Award five out of the past seven years
- Winning the Kentucky Association for Healthcare Quality Team Award in 2015
- EMRMC being named one of the 100 Great Community Hospitals in the U.S. by Becker’s Hospital Review
- EMRMC recognized by the Kentucky Quality Improvement Organization for improvement in reducing its heart failure readmission rate
- EMRMC’s Emergency Department recognized as one of the 2014 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Emergency Care
Another way we ensure quality? Our deadly germ-killing robot, Xena. She visits patients’ rooms once they’ve been discharged and kills all the germs in the rooms using ultra-violet light.