We are dedicated to providing our patients with quality health care. Our goal is to be one of the best performing hospitals in Kentucky and the nation. We have earned many honors that show how we are dedicated to quality.
The Joint Commission Accreditation
The Joint Commission has accredited each of our three hospitals. Those hospitals are Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center (EMRMC), Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital (EMFLH), and Ephraim McDowell James B Haggin Hospital (EMJBHH). This is a measure of the quality of care a facility provides.
In 2019, EMRMC and EMJBHH earned certification as Acute Stroke Ready Hospitals through The Joint Commission.
EMRMC has Centers of Excellence for Joint and Spine Surgery as well as Hip Fracture after earning Gold Seals of Approval™ for health care excellence from The Joint Commission. This esteemed recognition for Joint Replacement, Spinal Surgery and Hip Fracture means the hospital does the right things and does them well for Spinal Surgery, Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement and Hip Fracture patients.
Bariatric Program Accreditation
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center has a Bariatric Program. It has been accredited as a Comprehensive Center. This honor is by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Commission on Cancer Accreditation
Ephraim McDowell Commonwealth Cancer Center has also earned recognition. It is recognized as a Commission on Cancer Accredited Program. This honor is by the American College of Surgeons.
Robotic Center of Excellence
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center earned accreditation as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation. The accreditation means that EMRMC along with Drs. George “Swope” Munday and David Montgomery have met nationally recognized standards.
We also have accreditations in mammography, CT scans, clinical laboratory and pathology, stereotactic breast biopsy, cardiovascular services and pharmacy, given by their respective accrediting bodies.
Additionally, EMRMC is an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, meaning we meet or exceed benchmarks for rapidly diagnosing and treating patients who arrive with symptoms of a heart attack, thus reducing deaths and major adverse events.
Other quality recognitions:
- Immediate & Primary Care at Stanford Medical Park earned a 2021 Lilypad Awards as a Top Clinic. This recognition means they outperformed rural primary care practice peers in areas of efficiency and operational excellence. In addition, they ranked in the Top 5 of provider-based rural health clinics in the southeast. Furthermore, they are among the Top 50 off all rural health clinics in the country.
- In 2019, EMRMC was a High Performing Hospital for COPD services, named by US News & World Report.
- We have Pediatric Ready Emergency Departments at our three hospitals. They meet criteria set by the Kentucky Pediatric Emergency Care Coalition in compliance with national recommendations and guidelines.
- EMRMC is one of the 100 Great Community Hospitals in the U.S. by Becker’s Hospital Review.
- EMRMC recognized by the Kentucky Quality Improvement Organization for improvement in reducing its heart failure readmission rate
- EMRMC’s Emergency Department recognized as one of the 2014 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Emergency Care
Another way we ensure quality? Our deadly germ-killing robot, Xena. The robot uses ultra-violet light to kill germs in patient rooms.