Do you enjoy being around other people and have free time to share? Would you like to give something back to your community? Consider getting involved as an Ephraim McDowell Health volunteer! As a volunteer, you can make a difference in the lives of others. In addition, you are sharing the special skills you possess.
You can play an important role by becoming a volunteer. We welcome volunteers at Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center, Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital, and Ephraim McDowell James B. Haggin Hospital. Some of our other facilities also welcome volunteers. We have volunteer positions available during daytime, evening or weekend hours.
You can put your talents to use in many ways:
- Information Desk – Greet visitors, answer telephone calls and give directions to visitors
- Patient Escort – Greet and escort patients and visitors to various areas within the hospitals
- Gift Shop – Work as a regular member of the Gift Shop staff
- Made with Care – Sew and stuff pillows for surgery patients
- Volunteens/Centre Corps – Assist staff in providing indirect patient care
- Scent With Care – Deliver floral arrangements and reading materials to patients; also provide clerical support to staff as requested
- Caring Hearts – Assist families in the surgery waiting area
- Music Service – Sing to residents at local nursing homes (Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital only)
- Patient Registration – Assist and escort patients in the registration area
- Patient Representative – Visit patients during their stay to gather opinions about hospital services
- BINGO – Host BINGO at McDowell Place of Danville once per month
- Helping Hands – Provide clerical assistance to Volunteer Services Department and other departments as requested
- McDowell Place of Danville – Assist staff at this senior independent and assisted living facility
- McDowell Wellness Center – Assist staff at this health and exercise facility
- The Hope Clinic & Pharmacy – Assist clinical staff in meeting needs of patients at this clinic which provides free access to medical care for those unable to otherwise afford it
- Ephraim McDowell Diagnostic Center – Assist staff at the Diagnostic Center by registering patients and escorting them to proper areas
STEP 1: Application and Orientation
You must complete an application before we can place you into volunteer service. Completing this process, however, does not guarantee you will be accepted as a volunteer.
STEP 2: Interview
After completing the application and online orientation, please call the Volunteer Services Office at (859) 239-1208 to schedule an interview with the Volunteer Services Manager.
STEP 3: Schedule your required immunizations and other task-specific training with Associate Health.
For more information about volunteering at Ephraim McDowell Health, please call (859) 239-1208.
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center Auxiliary
The Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center Auxiliary has served Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center since 1955. It provides both volunteer service and fundraising activities. As a result, it connects caring community members with those who need their help. The Auxiliary provides vital support services through volunteer hours. In addition, it funds scholarships and financial gifts to the hospital. We’re always growing in order to better serve our community.
Dues for Auxiliary membership are $4 per year for active members, $5 per year for Associate members and $100 for life membership.
Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital Auxiliary
The Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital Auxiliary is ideal for people with warm hearts who find purpose and joy in helping others. Our Auxiliary has served Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital since 1963, through both volunteer service and fund-raisers. We’re always growing in order to better serve our community.
Yearly dues for Auxiliary membership are $5 for active members and $6 for Associate members.
Ephraim McDowell James B. Haggin Hospital Auxiliary
The Ephraim McDowell James B. Haggin Hospital Auxiliary has been an active contributor to the hospital for many years. The Haggin Hospital Auxiliary is primarily concerned with fundraising projects for the hospital and operates the Auxiliary Gift Shop to aid in that purpose. All proceeds from fundraising sales and the Gift Shop are used to help support scholarships as well as purchasing patient and family enhancements for the hospital.