We strive to provide high-quality health care at reasonable cost to our patients. The income we receive from patients helps us to continue this high level of service. In order to best serve our communities, we use reasonable efforts to collect money due for services we provide. We hope this billing and insurance information can help you better understand our process for receiving payment for the services provided.
The hospital bill covers the cost of your room, meals, and 24-hour nursing care. It also includes charges for laboratory work, tests, medication, therapy and the services of hospital employees. Because it does not include fees from the physicians who provide your care, you will receive a separate bill from them.
We are responsible for submitting bills to your insurance company. We will do everything possible to expedite your claim. You may pay your bill with our hospital Cashier, located near the Registration area at our three hospitals. You may also pay by mail or online. Let us know if you have questions about our billing and insurance processes.
If You Have No Insurance
A Financial Counselor will discuss financial arrangements with you. You may also speak with a hospital representative to assist you in applying for Medicaid or other government-assisted programs. Please call (859) 239-2333 for more information.
Online Bill Payment
We offer a secure, convenient way for you to pay your hospital bill online. You will be billed separately by other doctors who provided care to you in the hospital. This includes emergency room doctors, surgeons, anesthesiologists, cardiologists, radiologists or pathologists. As a result, you will receive a separate bill from them. You cannot use our online bill payment system for those payments. Please review your hospital bill carefully. We want your experience using the online bill pay system to be efficient. Thus, you can call our office with any questions before using the online bill pay system.
Difficulty Paying Your Hospital Bill
We offer financial assistance for those who are deemed to be in financial need due to personal lack of finances. Each applicant (regardless of race, creed, gender, age or national origin) may apply for financial assistance. In order to see if you qualify, you must complete a written application and comply with program requirements. Your eligibility depends on completing the entire request process.
Options available through our Patient Financial Assistance Program include:
- Establishing a payment plan
- Determining your eligibility for a reduction in the amount you owe for some services
- Helping you apply for Medicaid
- Determining your eligibility for KHCP
- Determining your eligibility for in-house charity care
In order to determine what you qualify for, we will need information about your job, income, insurance coverage, and family size. This helps us determine the appropriate program that you may qualify for. We realize some of the questions we must ask may be sensitive. However, the information we request is necessary so we can try to help you.
You have our commitment that we will respect you and your privacy during this process. We believe that no person should avoid seeking care due to inability to pay.
- Financial Assistance Application - English
- Financial Assistance Application - Spanish
- Financial Assistance Policy - English
- Financial Assistance Policy - Spanish
- Billing & Collection Policy - English
- Billing & Collection Policy - Spanish
- Plain Language Summary - English
- Plain Language Summary - Spanish
- Financial Assistance Eligibility Grid - English
- Financial Assistance Eligibility Grid - Spanish
- Providers Covered by the Financial Assistance Policy - English
- Providers Covered by the Financial Assistance Policy - Spanish