The Ephraim McDowell Health Care Foundation serves you
For more than a quarter of a century, the Ephraim McDowell Health Care Foundation has been dedicated to improving the health of those in the communities we serve. The Foundation provides philanthropic support allowing EMH to provide the most advanced comprehensive and compassionate care to our patients.
The Foundation has been instrumental in providing resources for cardiology, cancer, newborn care and infection reduction, among others. Ephraim McDowell Health covers the day-to-day operating costs associated with the Foundation, including salaries and expenses. The result: 100% of every donation directly benefits projects currently serving communities within our region.
Our Premier Partner!
Our Proud Sponsor!
Our Major Sponsors!
The Ephraim McDowell Health Care Foundation supports the health in our communities. In recent years, the Ephraim McDowell Health Care Foundation has invested millions of dollars back into the community to support the health of those we serve.
Some of the projects the Foundation has supported include:
- da Vinci Surgical System for Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center
- Germ-killing robot for Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center
- Automatic external defibrillators in Danville Police cars
- Automated CPR machine for Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital Emergency Department
- A1C machine for diabetes screenings for Ephraim McDowell Community Service Department
- Gravity-fed drip IVs which provide precise delivery of chemotherapy for patients at Ephraim McDowell Commonwealth Cancer Center
- Cardiac monitors for Ephraim McDowell Heart & Vascular Institute and Ephraim McDowell
Fort Logan Hospital Emergency Department
- Digital mammography for Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center, Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital and Ephraim McDowell Diagnostic Center
- Glucometers for measuring blood sugar for Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center, Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital and Ephraim McDowell James B. Haggin Hospital
- Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center cardiac catheterization lab
- 12 spin bikes for McDowell Wellness Center
- Camp Can Do, a camp for children with special needs
- Neo-natal CPAP for Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital
- Steamer and disposal and a low-vision machine for McDowell Place of Danville
- Concussion management certification for an Ephraim McDowell physical therapist
- Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital, the Stanford-based facility built using funds raised during the Foundation’s capital campaigns in Lincoln and surrounding counties
Ways to Give
There are a variety of ways to give. If you would like to donate to the Foundation, please click here.
Annual fund gifts provide essential funding to all areas of the health system.
We offer customized partnership programs that have significant marketing value to help build your brand. Your company can partner with us on projects, programs, or special events.
Major Gifts and Pledges
You may target your gift to a specific area or you may give an unrestricted gift for EMH to use for its greatest need. Major gifts can be made over a period of years and given in the form of cash, securities, real estate or personal property.
Several types of planned giving are available. The most popular types of planned giving are bequests, charitable gift annuities, charitable lead trusts, charitable remainder annuity trusts and unitrusts, gifts of life insurance and gifts of retirement plan assets, as well as endowments. While these are just some of the most well-known types of planned giving, many more are out there. We encourage you to fully research each type and the tax benefits with your attorney or financial advisor before making any plans.
Memorials and Tributes
Make a gift in honor or memory of a friend or loved one to the Tree of Life.
Employers have matching-gift programs through which your generosity can be multiplied. Please check with your employer to see if it will match your gift to the Foundation.
Our signature fundraising event is Luminosity, held each August. This year, our event will be held at the Danville Country Club on Saturday, August 21, 2021. The funds raised at the gala are put into our Good Works Fund which supports projects in all areas of the health system including cancer care, cardiac care and women’s health.
Happy Heart Luncheon
Held in February, which is Heart Month, the luncheon raises awareness of women’s heart disease and all funds raised support cardiac projects at EMH. Join us on Thursday, February 25, 2021 for our annual and first virtual event.
Held each May, the golf tournament raises money for our Good Works Fund, which supports projects in all areas of the health system including Kids Can Do camps, cancer care, customized therapy bikes for kids with special needs, and women’s health as well. The 2022 Golf Classic Tournament is scheduled for May 16, 2022.
Board of Directors
A community-based board of directors determines how Foundation funds are used to enhance health care in this region.
Our board members are:
- David Grigson, Chair
- Tammy M. Ensslin, Executive Director
- Kay Richardson, Treasurer
- Damon Thompson, Secretary
- Chris Davis
- Jon Scalf
- Jennifer Daniel, ARNP
- Jennifer Newby
- Daniel E. McKay, President & CEO, Ephraim McDowell Health
- Amanda Kinman, CFO, Ephraim McDowell Health
Foundation Staff and Contact Information
Jessica R. Johnson
Major Gifts Development Specialist
Mailing address: 217 S. Third Street Danville, KY 40422