When you’re at home recovering from an illness or injury – or living with a chronic medical condition – having the right equipment means greater comfort, mobility and self-sufficiency.
Ephraim McDowell MedSource is the local source for all of your home medical equipment and medical supply needs. Whether you come to one of our stores or have our skilled professionals deliver to your home, we’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you.
Talk with us about your specific needs and we’ll help you assemble a package of products from our vast inventory. Some of our most popular products include:
- Oxygen and respiratory services
- Home ventilators, CPAP and BIPAP machines
- Hospital beds (semi-electric and fully-electric)
- Wheelchairs and walking aids
- Mastectomy products (prosthesis and/or mastectomy bra; private fitting room)
- Orthopaedic appliances (back, leg and wrist braces)
- Incontinence supplies
- Lift chairs
To view our educational videos, please go to www.youtube.com/user/EphraimMcdowellWeb.
Medical Device Recall
We have received notice of a voluntary recall from Phillips Respironics informing us about a potential safety issue for some of their medical devices that Ephraim McDowell MedSource may have provided to patients.
If you are using an affected BiLevel PAP and CPAP device, discontinue use of the device and work with your physician or Durable Medical Equipment (DME) provider to determine the most appropriate options for continued treatment. To continue use of your device due to lack of alternatives, consult with your physician to determine if the benefit of continuing therapy with your device outweighs the risks identified in the recall notification.
If you are using an affected life-sustaining mechanical ventilator device, do not stop or alter your prescribed therapy until you have talked to your physician. The benefit of continuing to use these ventilator devices may outweigh the risks identified in the recall notification.
A list of affected devices is available at www.philips.com/src-update.
We will continue to work with the medical device manufacturer to plan for the repair and/or replacement of your medical device.
- 150 South Third Street, Danville – (859) 239-1691
- 110 Metker Trail, Stanford – (606) 365-4632
- 68 Hustonville Street, Liberty – (606) 787-0468
- 470 Linden Avenue, Suite 1, Harrodsburg – (859) 733-4880