Each of our hospitals provide inpatient pharmacy services to meet the needs of our patients during their stay. To enhance patient safety, we use bar code scanning technology to match patients with their correct medication. Our pharmacy utilizes automated dispensing cabinets integrated with our medical information system for drug distribution to our patients. Our electronic medical information system uses technology that supports our prescribers and pharmacists to check for allergies, drug interactions and contraindications when entering prescription orders.
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center offers an Outpatient Pharmacy as a convenient option for handling all of your medication and medical support needs. Services are available to all Ephraim McDowell Health Associates and their dependents as well as to our patients, visitors and the community. The Pharmacy is located inside the Third Street entrance, with 15-minute parking reserved for Pharmacy customers.
Besides filling your prescriptions, our Outpatient Pharmacy also offers:
- Over-the-counter medications
- Health and beauty aids
- Bandages and other medical supplies
- Nutritional products and vitamins
- Naloxone rescue kits
- Rapid flu and strep testing
Monday – Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
You may request a refill of a current prescription by calling (859) 239-1706.
Special Pharmacy Services
Discharge Services. Before your discharge from Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center, you can have your prescriptions filled at our Outpatient Pharmacy by asking your provider to electronically prescribe the discharge prescriptions to the EMRMC Pharmacy, ask your nurse to fax the prescription or ask your family to bring the prescription to us.
Concierge “Meds to Beds” Pharmacy Service. You may also use the concierge pharmacy service, if you are being discharged from Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center, by notifying your nurse that you would like this service. Ask your provider to electronically prescribe the discharge prescriptions to EMRMC Pharmacy or ask your nurse to turn in your discharge medications to the pharmacy. Once the prescriptions are filled, a member of our pharmacy team will deliver them to you right in your room.
Anticoagulation Clinic. If you are taking an anticoagulation medication (such as warfarin, Coumadin®), your doctor may refer you to our Anticoagulation Clinic. We offer point of care testing (INR) during the visit and adjust the dose to reach the targeted INR.
340B Prescription Program. Through the 340B Prescription Program, Ephraim McDowell Outpatient Pharmacy offers a reduced cash price on medications and subsequent refills for eligible patients who do not have prescription insurance benefits. You are eligible if you are seen at an Ephraim McDowell Health hospital or eligible clinic and are uninsured, have a high deductible insurance plan, a gap in coverage for Medicare Part D (also known as the “donut hole”) or are prescribed a drug not covered by your insurance. No fees or enrollment required. The following Ephraim McDowell Health facilities participate in the 340B Prescription Program.
- Ephraim McDowell Central Kentucky Surgeons
- EM Urology Clinic
- Ephraim McDowell Specialty Center (Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease, Podiatry)
- Ephraim McDowell Heart & Vascular Institute
- Ephraim McDowell Behavioral Health Clinic
- Ephraim McDowell Ear, Nose, & Throat
- Ephraim McDowell Cancer Support Clinic
- Danville Family Physicians
- Ephraim McDowell Liberty Family Medical Center
- North Garrard Family Medical Center
- Immediate & Primary Care at Fort Logan Hospital
- Ephraim McDowell Garrard Clinic
- Ephraim McDowell Walk In & Primary Care
- Ephraim McDowell Family & Internal Medicine
- Harrodsburg Family Medical Center
- Ephraim McDowell Springfield Family Medical Center
- Ephraim McDowell Haggin Primary Care
- Ephraim McDowell Dedman Primary Care
- Ephraim McDowell Mercer Pediatrics
Patients who have prescription insurance and opt to use our Ephraim McDowell Outpatient Pharmacy or contracted 340B pharmacies pay their normal copays according to their insurance provider. Please contact us at (859) 239-1706 if you have any questions regarding your eligibility.
To learn more about the Pharmacy Department at EMH, please check out our 2017 Annual Report.