Our dedicated OrthoSpineCenter provides accredited care to individuals following orthopedic and spine surgeries. It is located at Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center. We use the latest techniques in orthopedic and spine care. Our team specializes in a variety of procedures designed to meet your individual needs. We work closely with you to develop a comprehensive plan from admission to discharge. As a result, your hospital stay is streamlined and you are ready for a better life.
We offer personalized treatment plans for those needing:
- Joint replacement
- Treatment for degenerative changes in bones and muscles
- Sports-related or other bone and muscle injury treatment
- Spine surgery
We have earned Gold Seals of Approval™ for total hip, total knee and spinal surgery. We are the only hospital in the state to hold this honor. In addition, we earned a Gold Seal of Approval™ for hip fractures. We are one of only two hospitals in the state with this distinction. These certifications are by The Joint Commission. As a result, patients are assured they will receive the best quality care.
Not only is The Joint Commission telling us we are excellent—our patients are too. They rate us as excellent in pain management. In addition, 90 percent or more of our patients meet their mobility goals at time of discharge. We make sure you are up and moving and getting back to life!
- Specialized rooms: The furniture in our patient rooms is designed for orthopedic and spine patients.
- Rehabilitation gym: Patients learn to improve their balance and flexibility in our rehabilitation gym. It includes a unique patient transfer vehicle. As a result, patients learn how to safely get in and out of automobiles.
- Rehabilitation apartment: This cozy area looks like home but it has a special role in your care. It is equipped with chairs, bed, dining room table, kitchen appliances, bathroom and a washer and dryer. Patients receive occupational therapy in the apartment. They practice activities of daily living, such as preparing meals, doing laundry, getting in and out of bed, and bathing.
Our team of certified rehabilitation specialists is stationed on this floor. As a result, they are available to provide you with the support and guidance needed for your recovery.
The following documents give valuable information concerning each of our procedures and information for before and after surgery:
To find an orthopedic surgeon, go to our Physician Finder page.